Careers At HIX
Enjoy the challenge, enjoy the camaraderie, enjoy the community!
We’re HIX Corporation and we’re proud of the sense of commitment our workplace creates. If you’d like to join a team of hardworking, passionate, and driven employees, come see what HIX has to offer!
HIX Corporation is located in Pittsburg, Kansas, a quaint town of just over 20,000 people that became incorporated over 130 years ago. It is home to Pittsburg State University, one of six State of Kansas Regent Universities. Pittsburg boasts a lower cost of living than the national average, and you’ll find our area schools are new, modern and top rated. Our Parks and Rec. are excellent, and we are nearby some of the best lakes in the country. We’re a small town that provides everything you need to make a great family lifestyle!
Current Openings for the Following Positions:
Machine Design Engineer
Education: BS in Mechanical Engineering or similar engineering discipline.
Experience: 10+ years in machine design engineering for a manufacturing environment.
Engineering Disciplines: Mechanical, Electrical, Pneumatic, Hydraulic.
Software fluency requirements: MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access, Autodesk AutoCAD (current Inventor Series revision).
Responsibilities: To include, but not limited to:
- Design / engineer machines, products & processes for the corporations screen printing, industrial ovens, food equipment and any other company product line needs.
- Upgrade / modify / expand existing designs to improve reliability or functionality cost effectively.
- The authority to make engineering and engineering system changes and to document all engineering changes made on existing designs on the “Engineering Change Request” form. This information to be forwarded to the Project Engineer for implementation into the BOMs, routings, cut sheets, shop drawings or other pertinent criteria / documentation need for production.
- Direct and instruct the Project Engineer to generate or amend production drawings as required through use of models, dimensioned drawings etc.
- Direct, instruct and assist the Product Development Specialist and any other operating personnel (use as authorized by the Production Supervisor) in the making of prototype parts / assemblies.
- Interface directly with Production Supervisor & his production personnel to assess, modify and enhance products / process needs or changes.
- Direct and train production personnel on new product assembly methods as required.
- Report directly to the Engineering Manager and work in conjunction with the Engineering Manager advising on product(s) construction and progress on a daily basis.
- Be able to perform basic engineering functions and calculations in relation to stress factors on materials, load factors etc. to determine the proper size / strength of materials needed for an application.
Current Production Positions Open:
• There are no positions currently open.
Send resume with salary requirements to:
firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to –
1201 E. 27th Terrace
Pittsburg, KS 66762